About the Company
Bay Building Services is a market leader when it comes to insurance building in Australia, operating offices throughout VIC, NSW, ACT, QLD, SA & WA. For more than 30 years we have specialised in repairs to domestic and commercial properties damaged through insurable events such as fire, storm, flood, impact and malicious damage.
About the Role
We are now recruiting for a Supervisor in our Sydney Branch based in Bella Vista. The Supervisor is responsible for the successful delivery of multiple, medium to large domestic and commercial construction projects as well as overseeing a small team of supervisors.
The Senior Supervisor is ultimately responsible for all site based operations such as quality assurance, customer service and delivery of budgets and construction schedules. The Supervisor will also have the responsibility to effectively deliver complex, large loss projects. The role involves working closely with the Project Coordinators (office based) and can be viewed as an opportunity into Construction Management / People Management.
- Supervisor License, Drivers License, WWC, Induction Card
- First Aid Certificate
Key Professional Skills:
- Several years of experience in construction supervision with medium to large domestic and commercial projects
- Proven track record of project delivery (examples welcomed!)
- Experience working directly with clients, building consultants, trades and suppliers.
- Thorough understanding the construction process, critical inspection points, permit and WHS requirements.
- Ability to interpret plans and engineers drawings.
- Understanding of relevant Building codes and Australian standards.
- Estimation skills would be advantageous but not essential.
- Experience in leading a small team is advantageous.
- Ability to deal with multiple projects simultaneously with conflicting priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Interpersonal skills with an ability to deal with both internal and external customers and lasting relationships.
- Able to develop business through quality service delivery
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Office MS Project and Excel programs.
Our experienced and dynamic team understand the complexities involved with the insurance repair process, and work together to deliver the most professional, accessible and comprehensive building service available industry wide.