About the Company
Bay Building Services is a market leader when it comes to insurance building in Australia, operating offices throughout VIC, NSW, QLD, SA & WA. For more than 30 years we have specialized in repairs to domestic and commercial properties damaged through insurable events such as fire, storm, flood, impact and malicious damage.
About the Role
We now have a fantastic opportunity available for an Estimator that has proven and successful experience in the insurance industry.
The Estimator's role involves carrying out the estimation for reinstatement works to both domestic and commercial buildings following small to large scale damaged caused by insurable events.
The role entails working closely with our NSW team, as well as customers, clients and partner trade network associated with Bay Building Group. This role will be primarily based in Sydney and surrounding areas.
Key activities (include but are not limited to the following):
- Provide accurate and professional causation reports and scope of works
- Compile and deliver accurate budget breakdowns, to allow successful tender results and profitable delivery of construction repair works.
- Achieve monthly jobs won and strike rate KPIs
- Manage timeliness of Quotations to achieve internal KPIs
- Provide excellent customer service to both Customer (Insured) and Client (Insurer) by managing expectations, being professional and courteous at all times.
- Monitor, drive and adhere company safety processes on all jobs
Key Professional Skills and Qualifications (the following skills and experience are desirable):
- Solid estimating experience in small, medium and large reinstatement work
- Proven skills in construction estimating for building repairs to both domestic and commercial properties
- Experience working directly with clients, building consultants, and all construction related trades and suppliers
- Ability to handle with multiple projects simultaneously with conflicting priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Interpersonal skills to with an ability to deal with both internal and external customers building long term relationships
- Able to develop business through quality service delivery
- Experience in the insurance repair industry is essential
- Thorough understanding the construction process ,critical inspection points, permit and WHS requirements
- Sound understanding of relevant Building codes and Australian standards.
Due to our business being heavily weather related and linked closely to major insurable events, overtime is occasionally required as part of the role during these event times, as well as occasional interstate travel to other offices to assist in the increased workloads following major events. Equally we operate a mature and autonomous work environment where hard work is rewarded and flexibility reciprocated.
Our experienced and dynamic team understands the complexities involved with the insurance repair process, and work together to deliver the most professional, accessible and comprehensive building service available industry wide.
If you feel you have a positive attitude, required skill set and pro-active manner, please APPLY NOW as we would be happy to hear from you.
For further information please go to: www.baybuildinggroup.com.au
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below